Saturday 13 October 2018

ACTIVE AND PASSIVE VOICE.

  • Let us learn some tenses. but be not tensed.It is very easy.
  • Simple present tense. I play football. ( active)
  • Know here play is a transitive verb. It has an object .football.
  • In passive voice the object becomes the subject.
  • The football is played by me.
  • Present continuous: I am playing football.(active)
  • The football is being played by me.(passive)
  • Present Perfect: I have played football.(active)
  • The football has been played by me.(passive)
  • present perfect continuous: I have been playing football.( active)
  • You cannot make this into passive voice.
  • Simple past tense: I played football.( Active)
  • The football was played by me.(Passive)
  • past continuous: I was playing football.(active)
  • The foot ball was being played by me.(passive)
  • Past perfect: I had played football.(active)
  • The football had been played by me.(passive)
  • Past perfect continuous: I had been playing football.(active)
  • This cannot be changed to passive voice.
  • Simple future: I will play football.(active)
  • The football will be played by me.(passive)
  • future continuous: I will be playing football.(active)
  • This cannot be made into passive voice.
  • Future perfect: I will have played football.(active)
  • The football will have been played by me( passive )
  • Future perfect continuous: I will have been playing football.(active)
  • This cannot be changed into passive voice.
  • Note carefully .There are twelve sentences in the active voice and only 8 sentences are there in Passive voice.
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • for a change: A boy was asked to change the voice for this sentence.
  • The dog bites me.Active.
  • I bite the dog.Active or passive.
  • The right answer is I am bitten by the dog.
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • When he was asked to change the voice, The dog bites me..He changed his voice to a girl's voice and repeated the sentence.
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To change the active sentence to passive voice ,the sentence must have a transitive verb.Transitive verb will have an object.
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • The horse runs fast. where is the object? so runs is an intransitive verb.
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • o21c.in please take this into consideration'

No comments:

Post a Comment